Genioplasty is a form of cosmetic surgery that involves repositioning or reshaping the chin to improve facial harmony. Oral-maxillofacial surgeon Dr Nilesh Pagaria is a specialist treating the head, face, mouth, and jaw typically perform Genioplasty procedures. Dr Nilesh Pagaria is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with special training in the field of Cleft & Craniofacial Plastic Surgery. He has successfully performed 1500+ Genioplasty surgeries of varying difficulty index for different Facial Deformities & TMJ Disorders since Birth that lead to a deviated Chin and mandible.
There are several ways to conduct this procedure: advancement, or moving the chin forward, pushback or moving the chin backward, side-to-side – which can help with asymmetrical chins and vertical changes – such as making the chin longer or shorter.
Why should one get a Genioplasty done? Patients who are not satisfied with the appearance of their chin may seek genioplasty. The candidates for the surgery include those with the following problems:
• Overly large or small chin
• Protruding chin
• Misaligned chin
• Receding chin
TYPES OF GENIOPLASTY PROCEDURES
- Chin Augmentation: This procedure is needed by patients who have a deficient chin (weak chin). The surgeon would move your chin in a more forward and esthetic position so that you have a strong chin appearance.
- Chin Reduction Surgery: This procedure is mostly chosen for the patient who have an over protruded chin in comparison to their face. This procedure will make your chin smaller or even it out. It’s useful if your chin is overly prominent on your face. They’ll then contour your chin to the shape you discussed.
- Chin implant Surgery: There are several different types of alloplastics used for chin implants, such as silicone, teflon, and medpore. In this surgery the Surgeon would have already shaped the implant in the best possible fit for your face.
- Horizontal Sliding Chin Genioplasty: This procedure is indicated in patient that have Growth Disturbances, TMD, or for some developmental reasons have a deviated chin. Here the surgeon would correct the deviation by correcting the plane of the chin and getting the chin in the right position in relation to the face.
Consult Dr. Nilesh Pagaria for your treatment at Shri Krishna Hospital, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.